You don’t want the fuss of worrying about whether your phone is supported by the various smartphone poker apps out there. Choose one of our top six apps – all are compatible with the major Android smartphone brands (e.g. HTC Desire, LG Optimus) as well as iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Poker apps for iPhones, Android and iPad devices have made their way onto the mobile scene, as new poker applications are continually introduced for mobile devices.
This year is also very notably the year that big caliber bingo sites have made their move into the mobile scene. And, exactly as in Poker, knowing when each big move is made is key 😉
Mobile phone poker has grown in popularity and the response to these new poker apps has been phenomenal. You can play for real money on most of them and if you just want to play for fun, you can do that too. Here’s a rundown of the latest poker apps available:
- Switch Poker was the first real money poker apps for ipad and poker apps for iphone. It doesn’t use Flash, but HTML5 so you can still get a great gaming experience on your mobile device. You don’t have to download anything so you can avoid the restriction Apple has on gaming apps.
- Bwin Mobile Poker applications not only work on the iPhone, iPad and Android, but also work on older devices. You can find a complete list at the Bwin website. It can do this because it is a WAP based app and is compatible with many operating systems. You can play for real money or just for fun. The graphics are great and the games are easy to play.
- Bettson & Redkings Poker is another WAP mobile poker app that works on many devices. Some of the brands that this app works on include Samsung, Nokia, Siemens, and Sony Ericsson. Bettson & Redkings Poker offers you all of the fun and excitement of tablet poker on your new and older mobile devices.
- Zynga Live Poker is another great app for you mobile device and smartphones. It is just as fun and easy to play as the online poker version. The games are Texas Hold ‘Em and you can always find other mobile poker lovers to play with.
One of the most popular of the first few smartphone poker apps to launch was Rush Poker from Full Tilt:
- Rush Poker Mobile was offered by Full Tilt Poker and was their first android poker app. It required Flash 10.1 or higher. They chose the Android platform since it is the fastest growing mobile OS today. However, since Alderney revoked Full Tilt’s gaming license this popular mobile network has not been accessible.
The competition has been quick to exploit the gap:
- Terminal Poker: You can now play the equivalent of Rush Poker on your Android Froyo or any mobile device that has a screen resolution of 480×320 or higher. Its Fast Poker Mobile app offers you all of the fun and thrills of the online version at Full Tilt and the app accepts American players, which is an added bonus.
In all cases, you will have to download Poker Mobile apps directly from the brands’ websites since Google Play no longer offers gambling apps, but this is easy to do and the instructions are easy to follow here.
Poker apps are being developed and introduced all of the time. These are just a few of the new poker apps for android and poker applications for iphone that have become very popular. Keep your eyes out for new games that are sure to hit the app market very soon.
Read more about online poker here.